Monday, July 30, 2007
With all the recent hoo-haa over the looming sale into foreign ownership of Auckland's only airport at the French suburb of Auckland, Mon Gere, I thought he would have been a lot more vocal to date. Yes, I am sure the sale will proceed, the money offered will be too good for councils to keep their sticky fingers out of and they will wantonly apply the proceeds to their local pet social engineering causes, like getting themselves re-elected.
Seems Waitakere is continuing to apply for a change to the district plan, at hideous expense to ratepayers, without support from any quarter as previousy reported. Most submissions were against the plan change, particularly from those under the flightpath, but the council ignored all of these and steamrolls on. Now Mayor Bob is pleading Whenuapai's case to keep the foreighn bastard's at Mon Gere honest. Yeah, Right, what happens down the track when a second airport is snapped up by foreigner's - your argument fails! Typical of Mayor Bob, he desperately wants his name on Auckland's second airport (Bob's Memorial) commissioning plaque at the expense of ratepayers.
The sooner the west is rid of this Labour stalwart, we might actually get rates spent on where they are needed, at core services like roads. Have you looked closely at the state of Waitakere roads recently? Full of deteriorating subsurfaces with patchworked sealings - there has been no real work done on local roads in recent times, it has all been spent on the light rail fiasco and Son of Britomart, a council palace designed to keep this bloated council in power ad infinitum.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
The electoral committee has had an urgent meeting and has told Helen without mincing words that they unaminously support their MP (said MP was dismissed for lying to Parliament and worse still, to her). Oh, shock, horror! A lowly office within the red machine has stood up to her.
No doubt the Labour Party Prez will be now getting some direct close counselling of his own from the ninth floor to sort the unruly minions from down south. Too late, the internal rot has started, her card should be marked for replacement at the next election - that would be the ultimate reshuffle.
Similarly, Mr Logan over at the MfE is probably getting some very 'free and frank' counselling as I write, probably being offered the still bloody sword used by Benson-Pope. Especially when his boss has been clearly counselled from on high not to express confidence in him in way, shape or form!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
As a grass polisher, actively managing my beefies, I could be very happy that the merger of AgriQuality and Asure might reduce future levies, but am extremely worried when the union is happy. Economies of scale and a reduction in staff (particularly unionised staff) post-merger? - time for a Tui!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
I suspect that a flax basket, as pictured, would be ineffective to resist the crushing force that apparently causes SIDs, ie that of a parent rolling onto the baby whilst asleep themselves. The coroner even thinks so, stating
These babies die because someone sleeps on them, not beside them. It's not cot death - these babies are not in cots.
Also, the coroner states,
If parents have been using alcohol or drugs and they put their arm over their three-month-old baby, they are going to kill the baby, whether it is in flax or not.
So, TPK rightly wants to attempt to correct the issue, by spending heaps from their unlimited racially funded taxpayer trough and no doubt keeping some art-crafty flax weaving member of the whanau in business at $300 a pop. Very expensive way of doing things, a quick Google shows all sorts of cots and beds available from well under that price.
Sturdy looking woven cot with mattress here, $135,
NZ made steel frame portacot here, $199.95,
NZ made portacot here with change table, toys, net and wheels, $229.
So, TPK why are you funding an expensive, ineffective flax basket with my hard earned tax?
Friday, July 20, 2007
The Labour Party continues the psychic dream. That bastion of their support, the PSA, is predicting that perceived savings due to having a single super council in Auckland will not eventuate. These Labour claivoyants are stating that this has been tried before with poor results - does not need fixing, time to move on.
Now I finally have confirmation why the single council task has never been pushed with relish in these Labour fiefdoms. 2500
Ratepayers should take notice when the union voices such concerns, they are only mimicking what their political leaders dictate. Vocalising about future losses only serves to confirm my worst fears, that councils are riddled with union and Labour timeservers and the current mob are in self preservation mode.
A single council, IMHO, will provide the lancing of the festering and rapidly spreading bureaucracy from my rates bill.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Apparently TEC is going to be funded on a 3 year basis and not on specific course content. So under intense questioning, TEC admitted the possibility of acquiring government funding for a whoring course.
The Tertiary Education Minister (Cullen) suggests he has no control over content, if it meets strict funding criteria, it will be funded. When Joe Public finds out his hard won tax dollar is funding Unit Standard 'on the job' training in whoring, could I suggest that that said minister might be forced to eat his words on that matter.
Can I assume that like teachers of other professions that registration to teach the 'trade' will require an annual registration and confirmation as being 'fit to practice' said profession? Maybe there is an opening for Panty Slut Boy as Chief Registrar post defeat as an MP?
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I would have thought that SAR could have used the loss of these boats as a very good exercise in plotting where a craft might go. Weather has been very predictable, onshore easterlies and the boat was lost between Tauranga and Auckland - simple.
Where was the Air Force? They used to have extremely good tracking aircraft that should have been able to locate this boat last week in short order. The weather has been relatively benign in the area since the storm.
A prime example of how useless our Air Force has become.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
The Best-Laid Plans: How Government Planning
Harms Your Quality of Life, Your Pocketbook, and Your Future
Is this your community?
- A model of 21st Century planning?
- Regional integrated land-use and transportation plans greatly reduce liveability?
- Urban sprawl contained within an urban-growth boundary?
- Greatly increased population density?
- Regional transport funds being poured into light rail?
- High-density, mixed use development being strongly promoted?
- Costs far outweigh the actual benefits?
- Housing totally unaffordable?
- Multifamily housing on tiny lots?
- Congestion at near-gridlock, trying to force people to ride on the region's expensive rail lines?
- Billions of dollars being diverted from schools, public health, fire and police to subsidise the construction of transit and high-density housing projects?
If the above sounds like your community, you would do well to read where the residents of Portland, Oregon are at after 25 years of going down this track.
Seems a 'light-rail' Mafia was and still is well ensconced in the planning systems over there and they had manipulated the planning process to line their pockets. Really? (emphasis on light meaning moving sod all people).
Portland is now the world class yardstick for 'How NOT to plan...' Judging by the way NZ is heading the same path, particularly in the Auckland feifdoms, were are only 20 years away from where Portland is now.
Hat Tip - Cato Institute: Summary here
Full Policy Analysis here - well worth the read
* A book to be released by Randal O'Toole
To those of you not familiar with Joe Arpaio
He is the Maricopa, Arizona County Sheriff and he keeps getting elected over and over.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Sheriff Joe created the "tent city jail"
- Has jail meals down to 40 cents a serving and charges the inmates for them.
- He stopped smoking and porno magazines in the jails.
- He took away their weights.
- He cut off all but ‘G’ movies.
- He started chain gangs so the inmates could do free work on county and city projects.
- He started chain gangs for women so he wouldn't get sued for discrimination.
- He took away cable tv until he found out there was a Federal court order that required cable TV for jails.
- So he hooked up the cable TV again, only letting in the Disney channel and the weather channel.
- When asked ‘Why the weather channel?’
- He replied, so they will know how hot it's gonna be while they are working on my chain gangs.
- He cut off coffee since it has zero nutritional value.
- When the inmates complained, he told them, "This isn't the Ritz /
. If you don't like it, don't come back." Carlton
- He bought the ‘Newt Gingrich' lecture series on videotape and pipes that into the jails.
- When asked by a reporter if he had any lecture series by a Democrat, he replied that a Democrat lecture series would explain why a lot of the inmates were in his jails in the first place.
- With temperatures being even hotter than usual in
(116 degrees just set a new record), the Associated Press reports: Phoenix
- About 2,000 inmates living in a barbed-wire-surrounded tent encampment at the Maricopa County Jail have been given permission to strip down to their government-issued pink boxer shorts.
- Hundreds of men wearing boxers were either curled up on their bunk beds or chatted in the tents, which reached 138 degrees inside the week before.
- Many were also swathed in wet, pink towels as sweat collected on their chests and dripped down to their pink socks.
- ‘It feels like we are in a furnace’ said an inmate who has lived in the tents for 1 year. ‘It's inhumane.’
- Sheriff Joe, the tough-guy sheriff who created the tent city and long ago started making his prisoners wear pink, and eat bologna sandwiches, is not one bit sympathetic.
- He said that he told all of the inmates:
- ‘It's 120 degrees in
and our soldiers are living in tents too, they have to wear full battle gear, but they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your damned mouths!" Iraq
Criminals should be punished for their crimes - not live in luxury until it's time for their parole, only to go out and commit another crime so they can get back in to live on taxpayers money and enjoy things taxpayers can't afford to have for themselves.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Not only questioning the PM's lineage, Hone's warrior gene instantly comes to the fore as below.
All I would want to do is go out and smash someone
This verbal warrior is backed up by the party's co-leader, Mr Sharples, who questions whether
military intervention to be at all appropriate in dealing with the sensitive nature of the situation outlined in the report
Maybe they think the answer lies in how NZ repeatedly deals with abusive criminals such as gangs - endless talkfests, soft sentences, without any real action - I say 10 points to Mr Howard for grabbing the nettle with both hands. This is exactly the action we require in NZ - zero tolerance.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Seems a pensioner's council issued parking permit had expired and a local towing firm, employed by the local council, nobbled his car. This caused him much upset in regaining his vehicle. Did the local council have a part to play in not reminding the pensioner of imminent expiry? The end result is that it is reported that his emphysema has been aggravated through the towie's actions.
Now, can I rightly assume that Helen will soon be issuing guidelines to towies (and councils?) to be more caring to our vulnerable citizens? In line with the previous farce, Winz will need to be notified at all towing instances in case the tow affects a vulnerable citizen!