*
Declaration of Equality

There shall be one law for all:
  • I refuse to accept any reference to the Treaty of Waitangi or its principles in any constitutional document.
  • I require that such references be removed from all existing legislation.
  • I require that race-based Parliamentary seats be abolished.
  • I require that race-based representation on local bodies be abolished.
  • I require that the Waitangi Tribunal, which has outlived any usefulness it may have had, be abolished.
Sign the petition at NZCPR

Friday, November 30, 2012

New Official NZ Language: US English

Can I view a New Zealand Defense Force Personnel file in the Reading Room?

Although many of the New Zealand Defense Force Personnel files held at Archives New Zealand are listed as ‘open access’ these records cannot be released to researchers in the Reading Room. This is because the records contain fragile pieces of microfilm.

DefenSe???  

And I thought that we were still part of the Commonwealth that speak the Queen's English.  Silly me.  

It's bad enough that everything New Zealand has the unofficial additional native tag of Aotearoa added to it, but you guys at Archives NZ really need to use a UK English spell checker.

No comments: