*

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Commerce Commission caves into Visa price fixing for 30 pieces of coin

Visa has settled out of court with the Commerce Commission over price fixing claims, but the result means merchants can now start imposing levies on shoppers using credit cards

A cheap out at $2.6M for Visa, no conviction on price fixing and once again, the customer is stiffed. The toothless Commerce Commission has utterly failed the customer.

God help any retailer that suggests to me there will be an extra charge for using my credit card. Just watch their checkout queue grow with irritated customers as they have to return the almost purchased goods to their shelves. I would take my custom directly to other retailers.

I doubt if retailers could afford the loss of any sale at present.




No comments: