*

Friday, December 04, 2009

Friday Funny: Why men shouldn't write advice columns

via email:

Dear John,

I hope you can help me. The other day, I set off for work, leaving my husband in the house watching the TV. My car stalled and then it broke down about a mile from down the road and I had to walk back to get my husband's help. When I got home, I could not believe my eyes. He was in our bed with the neighbour's daughter.

I am 32, my husband is 34 and the neighbour's daughter is 19. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted they had been having an affair for the past six months. He won't go to counselling and I am afraid I a wreck and need advice urgently. Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila.


Dear Sheila,

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all the grounding wires. If none of these approaches solve the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps, John.

7 comments:

Opinionated Libertarimum said...

I'm not sure I would have laughed as hard as I did if I wasn't in the same position as Sheila! I needed that. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Brilliant

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.