*

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

WX report: Spring gales over

Summer is almost upon us. No more gales for the next month or so.

The tinsel tat is up, the tree is lit and the Christmas thingie is on the outside of the door living in fear of the next big blow.
These things are to be done on time, all the presents are in (and no doubt wrapped), must be a girlie thing.

The mere male view of matters: I just had a short one hour nana nap, honest. When I awoke, the tree was out of its box and lit. Bugger me, a new suite of baubles and colours I'd never seen before. Wonder who paid for that? Half past Christmas Eve is far too early to be contemplating present buying and it is only about 35 sleeps till it all gets stuffed away for another 11 months.

Season Greetings and Merry Christmas to all. Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

3 comments:

pdm said...

pm are you saying there will be no wind in Dannevirke for a month?

That is not the Dannevirke I have known for over 50 years. In short I don't believe you. lol.

PM of NZ said...

pdm, As you rightly point out, a bit tongue in cheek. I fully expect to find the front door thingie up the paddock one morning, on its way to Waipuk.

pdm said...

Thank goodnes it was tongue in cheek. I can remember when there was always running water in the Dannevirke gutters. That went and if you stopped the wind as well - what would Dannevirke have left?