*

Monday, October 27, 2008

Election business decisions

Letter from a small business owner

Dear Fellow Business Owners,

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Liarbour may again lead our next government with Helen's Hydra and that my taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that customers will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8 to 10%. So I will have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothers me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did.

I strolled through the parking lot and found eight union bumper stickers on my employees' cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.

I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.

Sincerely,

[Name and company redacted]

I don't think there are any anti-discrimination laws that would apply here.

flogged from Fortress Australia and modified

No comments: