*

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

72,000 votes plus for the Conservatives coming right up

Conservative lobby group Family First is expected to present a petition containing more than 72,000 signatures to a select committee hearing submissions on legalising gay marriage today

Well, I missed that one.  Where can I sign?

The petition says: "I support the definition of marriage in New Zealand being maintained as one man one woman. I oppose any attempt to redefine it."

This is an incredible response considering it's not part of a formal referendum, and it certainly shows the level of public opposition to the bill

And John Boy, don't even think about going with the flow.  We've seen enough of your recent all out pandering to racists and separatists and know you'd do anything to retain control. 

So whilst continued cosying up to rainbow factions for votes would not be past you and your ilk, I'd be confident that should you take that leap, it will be a fateful leap for the Nats when thousands of others like myself vote you out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, PM of NZ, but vote them out and get a Labour/Greens/NZ First govt most likely. Is there any real difference?

How can we have a democracy when we keep getting leaders who do anything, absolutely anything for power; I am so disgusted by NZ politics, I am not going to vote at all.

mawm said...

Add my signature to it as well.