*

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I am in the festive spirit...

Rents are expected to rise 6 per cent a year for the next five years

As a caring (yes, there are some) multiple landlord who looks after his tenants while they invest in my fund, the PM of NZ Saver, reading this brought me reasonable joy.

After having low rents and diminished returns for some time, the pendulum has moved. Now it is my turn to garner the benefits from those who rent.

Tenants, it is time to spend those high wage increases you have recently enjoyed on that very expensive roof I have provided over your head. Aah, the joys of the swings and roundabouts of long term property investment.

Sure beats the doubtful returns (very negative, I believe) from the sharks at those finance companies, so much in the media of late. They looked sooooo tempting at times, but thankfully I resisted the urge.

Just what I require to put me into a festive spirit. Talking of spirit, it must be time for a rum. No, unfortunately the sun has only just crested the horizon, let alone the yardarm!

No comments: